The Virgin Suicides

























I hope you ever did read The Virgin Suicides by Jeffrey Eugenides. If you didn't, I hope you did see the movie. If you haven't done that either, stop what you're doing right now immediately and go watch/read it!! It's definitely one of my favourite stories of all time. I think I read the book five times already and I think Sofia Coppola did a great job turning the tragic yet fascinating story of young boys who are obsessed with the five Lisbon sisters into such a great movie. The atmosphere of the movie reflects the original story so much, I love it!

There's one part in particular which I just can't forget about the movie. It's when Lux is sitting on the window-sill and touches crystal-like objects in a small watertank. At first I didn't know what these magic creations were, but after some searching on the internet, I found they are called Magic Rocks and sadly not available in my country :(

Since I'm planning to do a 'The Virgin Suicides' themed shoot for the Kitschy Magic issue, I wanted it to contain crystals just like the Magic Rocks in the movie. Since the original Kitschy Rocks aren't available in my country (yes, I can buy them on Amazon, but that's a bit expensive with shipping costs etc.) I tried looking for substitutes. I found some other growing rocks at a toy store, but they're not as beautiful as the real Magic Rocks are. Then I tried searching for a DIY for creating crystals myself. Some DIYs were quite dangerous, some weren't, but to be honest I haven't tried any of those yet. 

Eventually, I found very nice substitutes! I stumbled upon the Mr. Printables website and there I found the Crystal Christmas Advent Calendar prints. I think they are very nice for shooting a small shoot with. They don't really represent Magic Rocks though, but I still think they look very magical! All credits to Mr. Printables for creating such wonderful creations <3

(You can see some I made already on my Instagram)




0 reacties:

Post a Comment

 

CONTACT ME

CONTACT ME
E-mail: holyglitterzine@gmail.com

TWITTER


INSTAGRAM